Basketball for Development Rules:
Basketball for Development tournaments will be played according to international basketball rules or FIBA 33 Rules.
Additional Basketball for Development rules:
- Prior to every match the team have a short talk and get to know each other.
- There is no referee. Fouls are to be indicated by the player committing the foul by raising a hand . Disagreements between the teams/players have to be solved among themselve. This process is going to be supported and guided by mediators.
- Constructive criticism and coaching will be practiced. Insulting and hard personal criticism is neither accepted in the own nor against the opposing team. No screaming, no cursing.
- Each team has to play with at least one male and one female player permanently on court.
- Points made by female players count double.
- Fair play points will be awarded which are together with the match points contributing to the final team score of the tournament.